Use our Cookie Press to make these delicious cookies!
1 cup (1/2 lb) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine the butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl.
- Using an electric mixer set on high speed, beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla extract, cardamom and salt
- Using a spoon stir in the flour until well mixed.
- Remove the white ring at the base of the plastic barrel and pack the dough into the cookie press. Fit with the desired disk and screw white ring back in place.
- Place the press flat against the cookie sheet and squeeze the trigger to compress dough in the barrel. Use one click per cookie, lifting straight up and off the sheet.
- Space the cookies 1 1/2 inches apart.
- For perfectly identical cookies, keep pressing cookies at consistent intervals every 1 - 2 seconds until no more dough remains.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Be sure to watch them so they don't burn!
- Gently transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
- Sprinkle with vanilla sugar if desired and let cool. Decorate.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
We suggest using our Vase Grinder to grind the cardamon.